School Year 2016-2017 : Senior High School

I am a parent whose kid is the first batch of K-12, I can not complain upon learning that Philippines, Angola and Djibouti are the only country in Asia who do not follow the K-12 learning system and so I am embracing the fact, that there will be another 2years in my eldest school year to wait finishing her studies.

Anyhow, since my daughter came from a private school so voucher is not an instant option for her. Deped Voucher Program enables students to claim a “discount” or a deduction from the cost of tuition and other fees charged by a non-DepEd SHS where he or she will enroll. The voucher subsidy is not given to students directly in the form of cash but will be disbursed by DepEd to the non-DepEd SHS where he or she enrolls. (source :Deped website).  However if your kid came from private school you will need to apply for it and provide them the requirements needed and it will be subject for approval.
I applied for the voucher last January with the requirements and last 3rd week of the March the result can be viewed in the Deped website.


As soon as we have received Form 138 of my eldest we went to the University where she wants to pursue her Senior High School and enrolled her immediately, there are alot of upcoming Senior High School for this school year, I want to ensure my daughter a slot for this school year, There are lot of students that are in the waiting list, as we all know there are a lot of Senior High School but Schools that are K-12 ready are just few.

We are blessed to still have a slot and as soon as we have the assessment of the schedule and the strand of my daughter we immediately pay for the upon enrollment fee so I do not have to worry about her, and while the slot is still available and to get a good schedule since she is an early enrollee.

Do you have upcoming senior high kids?
How are you taking it?





Comments

Popular Posts