March : Women's Month (pap smear anyone?)

Women's Month : March


As part of women's month, it is not only we celebrate being a woman but also putting value on our worth as God's special creation.  This includes emotionally, spritually and physically.  I chose to take care of my health first for my family.

Pap Smear - is a screening test for cervical cancer. Cells scraped from the opening of the cervix are examined under a microscope. The cervix is the lower part of the uterus (womb) that opens at the top of the vagina. (source : Google)

I reached 35 years old without having this screening done and I know my OB-GYNE would always have to remind me about our appointment and need to have a pap smear done right about my recovery after having our youngest, but I am so scared that I intentionally absent myself and making excuses thinking that my mother or grandmother's time/era they do not have to do this screening and all and yet they survived (I was all in denial stage).



source :Google (Vaginal Speculae)


This is it, come our Annual Physical Exam, I have to do it and face my fear, it was so unexpected because I should be doing breast examination and the OB-GYNE just informed me that she also have to do Pap smear at the same time, that I have no choice since I was already lying on the bed, then there's this equipment she was holding look very harsh solid, and cold then I was so scared and all, (Breathing in and out) then the next thing I knew, it was done!!!

Good news girls, IT-IS-NOT-PAINFUL-AT-ALL.  If you are reading this and you are one of those women, that are afraid of this pap smear procedure, please don't and if your are holding your OB-Gyne appointment just like me, please dont again. Set an appointment and have it done right now, there is no best time to do it but now!!!

Have your breast examined and have a pap smear, one way of giving to yourself back after all it is Women's Month, the best excuse you can think!


Comments

Popular Posts