Gadget : IPhone 4 got wet

Once upon a time, I have a alcohol bottle placed in my bag my sweet little youngest played with it so I took it back from her and placed it in my bag again, I am about to go to work I decided to change my bag, so I placed everything from one bag to another.

I commute and this is the first time I did not play Candy Crush while on the road, and so when I arrived the building where I am working, the guard inspected my bag and I put my ID on, it smelled like an alcohol so I checked the bottle of alcohol and it was empty. I proceed to the washroom and checked my bag's content :
Umbrella - dry
Notebook - dry
Wallet - dry
ID - dry (except for the ID Lace)
Iphone - very wet!!!

The only thing that was wet inside my bag, tried to open it but it was already full of alcohol at that time, so my initial reaction to dry it up in the hair dryer, and so it as not effective, I removed my sim card that is also wet at that time, (yes, very devastating) I went to work as usual as if nothing had happen, as if I was not affected, (oh boy it was very hard).

I told my husband about what had happened and he lifted my spirit high and convinced me it was just a phone.. but my husband gave that to me the more it was difficult for me to let go. Since I was in shift there was no way for me to go to a technician right away to have it checked.

When I arrived home, my husband placed it inside a rice container, to absorb the alcohol inside my phone. We placed it there for 48 hours.

After 48 hours has passed, we tried to charge my phone but no response.

We brought it to a technician but no response after trying it in the tester.

I told my youngest to just placed my phone in the charger for one last time, just before I bid goodbye.  After being at the charger for about more  that an hour my phone vibrated and there was a light I saw that there is still life left in my phone, a chance that it will be fixed.

The next day, we brought it again to a technician and informed him that when placed on a charger it vibrated and when tried to open there is this small light but nothing shows up in the screen.

So the technician opened my phone, then attached a LCD temporarily and charged it, and to our surprise it is still working fine just need to replace LDC monitor and we obliged, they replaced it  then charged it after how many hours of waiting I saw my screen saver!!! What a relief!

Cost of Repair  - 1600php

If this happen to you (hope not!) then this are things you should remember :

Do not panic  (very hard to do)
Remove sim card
Do not place it in the hair dryer
Just let it dry by putting  on a rice container as rice absorbs the water much easily
Bring to a very reliable technician or Apple store if it is still under warranty
Pray hard for it to work.



Comments

Popular Posts