Food Recipe : Bahn Mi Roasted Pork

This is a vietnamese style food recipe, I tasted this at one of the Vietnamese Restaurant located in GT Tower called Bon Banh Mi, and tasted their Bahn Mi Roasted Pork and instantly I wanted to try my own recipe out of it

I did not exactly get the taste but my husband and kids loved it, they refer it as my specialty. This is the first time I cooked this recipe and according to my family, I was able to pulled it off.

This recipe is meant to have a French Bread filling but since my family wants to have a rice so cooked the Roasted Pork Bahn Mi style served with Yang Chow Rice.

Ingredients :

Raddish (shredded)
Carrots (shredded)
Celery (Finely Chopped)
Bell Pepper (Finely Chopped)
Onion (Finely Chopped)
Garlic

Pork Loin
Calamansi
Soy Sauce
Pepper
Salt
Honey
Fish Sauce

How to Cook:

Marinate Pork Loin with calamansi, soy sauce, fish sauce and pinch of honey, salt and pepper to taste. then placed it in an oven or turbo broiler until cooked.

Saute garlic and onion in a low heat,  then add in bell pepper, celery then add in salt and pepper then honey, then add raddish and carrots. turn off the heat then mix altogether, let the carrots and raddish cooked from the remaining heat of the pan.

May combine the vegetables with the roasted pork or may serve it separately.  Hoewever if you have french bread available you may put mayonnaise then put the roasted pork and veggies inside, then may heat in an oven then serve hot to enjoy!

This is originally a Vietnamese Cuisine but since with a twist of Filipino touch recipe, basically this is Bahn Mi the mrscatimpo style.

Comments

Popular Posts