Unconventional Boho/Coachella Theme 18th Debut Party

I will post it now even I am still on high with all the busy happenings since start of April but gotta do it one by one:

For a start it was my eldest 18th birhtday celebration, she personally requested to not have a party and opted to just have an out of the country trip with the family, but since we are having some legal issues with her name therefore we are unable to process her passport at the first quarter of the year, hence out of the country will not be possible however definitely going to be doing this before the end of the year. She opted for a simple family outing, and so we filed our leaves, packed our bags and headed to Bataan, we were here last year due to the serenity of the place we are coming back again!

Little did she know that since start of January 2018, we were already cooking a surprise house party for her, I actually decide and chose the theme for this party and asked for my husband approval who were very much supportive with "The" plan all the way.

Location : House Party
We have a spacious garage that can accomodate at least 70 guests including the extension where I put up a tent this is our right of way so still this is our space, and I just wanted to have an intimate, not the usual traditional debut party but an unconventional debut celebration just chill-all-fun-vibe kind of party.

The Set Up

Theme : Since this is unconventional debut party so I chose the most relaxed theme that I can think of from decoration and what to wear and my daughter adapted an old soul so I thought Boho/Coachella Theme is the best motif that would match her personality, so there...

Cocktail : Teens now a days think that  party is cool if there are cool music and drinks so I put up a MOCKtail bar just to have the party feels, however this is not known to the teen age guests that all drinks served were just  juices that look like a punch  and non alcoholic Sparkling Wine, smart heh!  This was a hit which makes me finish a total of 10bottles of sparkling wines and around 20 Liters of juices.


Mocktail Section







Guests :  I am friends with my daughter friends so I know them well, I created 3 sets of chat groups : My daughters Junior High School BFF, another chat group is from her Senior High School friends and church invited them and confirmed their attendance at the same time created a plan on how we will be able to bring her home at the party dressed and with a make up on and yes it was a success!

Food Menu : I planned to have pica pica party however since guests confirmed shoot up to almost 50 pax therefore I need to adjust my menu with main dishes, rice and pasta.. So I prepared and cooked:



This is a whole lechon the servers already chopped it for easy serving

Pica Pica Area


Rice
Spaghetti Red Sauce
Menudo
Lumpiang Shanghai
Chicken Pastel
Buttered Vegetables
Lechon (1 whole)
Dinuguan
Hotdog Bites

Nachos
Buttered Cookies
Chocolate Cookies
Cornick

10 Bottles of Sparkling Wine
Apple Juice
Grape Juice


The food I cooked was just enough to all the guests and I am so happy about it!!

Catering and Party Needs: My catering party needs supplier was Vin's Catering they have facebook page:

30 Chairs with covers
4 Long Tables
Tent
Buffet Table
4 Warmers
2 Servers to help with through out the party
The owner was so sweet to let us borrow back drops extra cloth at the same time white cloth for our projector.

I am definitely going to recommend their service, hired them twice already from my youngest 1st Birthday, they arrive early and assist us all the way until we everything is A-OK.

Decoration: Since this is a house party the Boho vibe should be felt with the decorations, this was the hard part since this is a surprise party so making the DIY decorations was a bit tricky for me. Thank you to my husband's cousin who helped me with the designing and decoration our garage and turned out to be the cute boho events place.


The Memory Lane


The Low Table

Boho Feels

Souvenirs : Debutant is too hot to handle, care for a fan?

To my workmate Rose who helped with the DIY Dreamcatcher.
Rjoy, a friend from church who helped us with the decoration!!
My angel who helped me prepared all I need to cook, so when I arrived home the ingredients were all prepared and ready for cooking!!

A big thanks guys!!



Father and Daughter Dance




The debutant with her surprise guests!

Boho Cake 


Me as a hosts

My Family with the debutant

Comments

Popular Posts