DIY House Party and Budgeted : 1st Birthday and Dedication of our BabySkye

23rd of March 2014, the exact birthdate of my youngest, we prepared a very simple party to celebrate her birthday and dedication. It was attended by a very close friend, relatives, churchmates and colleagues who went out of  their way and very busy schedule to celebrate with us, we truly appreciate the time and effort!

Let me share to you to the expenses and menus we prepared for our baby girl which we prepared ourselves,  with at least 3months of preparation. Below I will also share the suppliers so you may also have an idea and you may check them out for yourself, when you will have to prepare your own party.

Venue : Our House, we have a quite spacious garage that fits atleast 30 to 40 to the max of guests so it was free of charge.

Menu :

Rice
Spaghetti
Beef Kaldereta
Pork Asado
Cream Dory Fish Fillet in Sweet and Sour Sauce
Chili Wings
Buttered Vegetables

Kids Menu :

Spaghetti
Hotdog with marshmallow on stick
Chicken Nuggets


Cost :  We  spent at least a total of 10,000php  for the food, all in all the food was good for 50-60 guests, there were a lot of extra dishes so our families were able to take out the food.  We bought the ingridients in Zapote market, I can say that the meat and vegetables are way cheaper when your buy there except for the condiments which are cheaper when you buy it in Supermarket (Puregold, SM or the likes).

Feedback and taste :  The most in demand was my husband specialty "The Chili Wings", aside from it was the most requested, it was the first one to finish, there were still a lot of guests requesting if they can take "The Chili Wings" out, I was not able to taste if myself since I want all my guest to taste it before I can eat, so I let my husband cook it the next day for me, anyway.

All the dishes serve were all good, kudos to my husband and dad who were the master of the kitchen that time, with the help of my mom, eldest and our yaya with the chopping of the ingridients which is the hardest part of cooking for me

The guests even thought that we hired a catering to cook the food for us, so it was a compliment.

Lootbags and Prizes : I was the one in charge for lootbags and prizes, as early as February together with my kumare we went to Divilandia to buy for toys, and prizes for the games, it was all worth it for only around 2,500php the kids really enjoy and plus the presentation instead of putting the toys in the usual designed plastic lootbags I bought a bucket with different colors as the theme of my daughter's birthday party is Rainbow, all the kids lined up and very happy to get their buckets which have mirror, cups with straw, colors, clay inside.

For the prizes, I make sure all them are useful, when they get home they will still be able to use it and not just an addition to the trash, I bought ponytails, stressballs, coloring book, bubble toy, yoyo, chess toys.

Balloon and Decoration :  I printed photos of my baby girl which we posted in the wall from the time she was still in my tummy until her 11 month photos, it was all about her, my sister and eldest daughter was the one assigned to decorate, it was hard for us to put decoration outdoor since it was so windy that day. for all the day it was the only day I remember that too windy,  the weather did not cooperate but anyway they just put a lot of tapes on it to make it stay in place.

Tables and Chairs, Food Warmer, Waiter and Food Attendant, Tent : It costs me at around 5,000php, they came early arrange the tables and chairs for us, the dedication start at 2PM, they came as early as 8AM, they only have the tables covered but not the chairs. Food Warmer was there I also ordered for plates, spoon and fork, glasses only for 10php each set for rent, I rented 30pcs.

Food attendant and waiters look decent, and accommodate our guests requests and refill drinks as needed. I did not regret hiring them making our party looks like it was catered.

Clowns : There were 2 clowns as my party hosts, just for 1,500php.  I was amazed with how he handled the party, there were no too much offending jokes. He hosted the games, he also eat fire (haha), then do magic. Our guests kids and adults enjoyed the show, they even asked for the clown's contact number because they liked how they handled the party.

Ice Cream Cart : 600php

Cakes by Cakes and Memories (700php)  - super delicious, the icing itself speaks for the moist chocolate cake


The most delicious cake I ever tasted!!!


Cupcakes from my Sister in Law also my souvenir - I was not able to taste this it was a gift from my Sis in law which she baked herself.

Cupcakes

Activities :  While we were in dedicating our baby, there were kids waiting and to avoid them bugging their parents while we were on a ceremony, we had a coloring activity for the kids, it was very effective since they all sat down and mind their work, wise idea.


The total amount we spent was at around 20,000php more or less but all worth it.  The birthday party and dedication was a success, we were within our budget, without sacrificing the amount of food served to the guests, I can say they enjoyed the party (I hope).


Suppliers :

Tables and Chairs, Food Warmer, Waiter and Food Attendant, Tent and Clown :

Vin's Party Needs 
Bahayang Pag-asa Imus Cavite

Cake :

Cake and Memories
Bahayang Pag-asa Imus Cavite











Lootbags and Prices



While giving out the Lootbags!!So Fun

Told you he eats fire..haha


Games!!

Comments

  1. Contact details for your ice cream cart please..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got such a good information on this topic it’s very interesting one. You made a good site and I have found a similar website, please check this one
    gelato cart hire visit the site to know more about
    gelatocarthire

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for droppin' by!

Popular Posts