Financial Goals

I shared my bucket list before I reach my 40, now let me share our (hubby and I) Financial Goals to accomplish.  As you reach your 30-ish, you will then realize more important things you need to prepare before reaching your senior citizen years. Everything you are doing today, you will earn it by the time you retire.  There is nothing wrong with working and sweating your body out even sacrificing your rest and sleep, for as long as you know that there are goals to meet and tick out from the list, not just goals but this is making you financially free by the time your retire.  There is nothing wrong to live a comfortable life when your hair are grey, as I always say in my blog. Dude..You only live once!!!

1. Tithes

Malachi 3:10 - Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that [there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it].

Amen!

I must give 10% of the net of my earnings, to give back to the Lord who give us everything we have. In order to be rich we must abide the word of God that it is clearly written in the Bible. Above all, give thanks to the Lord!


2. Update all our bills and Settle Amortizations (House and Cars)

No more amortization and clear out all balances, it will be easier for me to allocate earnings when everything is settled and updated, plus amortization are cleared out.

3. Save for our Home Improvement 

As we have our own home, we want to make it bigger for my kids. We are now in the stage of planning the designs and make it really according to our personality.  We love family bondings more than anything else so bigger house is really in our priority list.


4. Savings
52 Week Challenge

Need to have a money for our wants and leisure, in cases that we we immediately want to buy something out of our plans then we have money for that. Like early Christmas shopping, cash gifts for parents or I want to buy Gas Range! (exicted)

5. Invest in Business/Bank Long Term Investment
BPI COL

6. Life and Health Insurance for me/hubby/kids :
SUNLIFE VUL

7. Educational Fund

I need not to say more for 5, 6 and 7! This is a must!

8. Emergency Fund : To cover 1 year expenses

This is different from Savings (refer to#4), this will cover a year expenses in any event that we decide an all of a sudden change of career path, or we husband and I decided to settle a job abroad at least we will be brave to do so, as long as we have Emergency fund on the look out.

9. Travel Fund

This is the second family bonding we enjoy the most (ok aside from eating).. we love to travel and this means we need to have a budget to splurge and the only way to do so if we have fund for that, so I must include this in our financial goals it is better to travel when your pocket is full!

10. Business Fund

As we trying to put up our business anytime soon, since this is going to be a start up we need to have a back up fund to sustain our business for at least a year to keep it going.  More often than not start up businesses, money are going out more than earning so we need to be prepared at this at all times.

Comments

Popular Posts