Recipe : Pancit Palabok




Pasta is my comfort food since I have not been eating rice for already 8years.

Cooking pasta is what I mastered over the years.  Cooking Pancit Palabok is quite challenging since you have to add taste from the combonation of achuete (for coloring) and flour (for sauce texture), I have been cooking palabok just to make my sauce perfect, okay it is not still that perfect but my kids and friends love it and that's what matter to me!

Ingredients:

Pancit Bihon (I prefer this than the Palabok Bihon too thick for me)

Sauce:
Onion
Garlic
Cooking Oil
Ground Pork
Fish Sauce and Pepper to taste
Pork Broth (2pcs) diluted in water
Flour (1/4 cup) diluted in water
Achuete (1/4 cup) diluted in water


Toppings :

Boiled Eggs (3) sliced
Tinapa  (3) shredded
Spring Onion (1 cup)
Chicharon (crushed) (1 cup)
Calamansi with Fish Sauce (I remove the seeds and extract the juice and combined the fish sauce, since I have kids it will be convenient for them)


How to cook:

In a heated pan with cooking oil, put in garlic then onion, put in ground pork until golden brown, pour in the water diluted in pork broth, then add in the water diluted in achuete, and add in the water diluted in flour. Put fish sauce and pepper to taste, let it boil.

Boil the water put a small amount of cooking oil, put in eggs (make sure to wash it first)  then put in the Pancit Bihon, until cooked.

I mix pancit bihon and sauce then I let my family put the toppings of their choice.

I did not add shrimp or any kind of seafoods toppings since I am allergic to it, so you may add in shrimp for the toppings too.


I hope you enjoy and let's all be fat!! haha

Comments

Popular Posts