Mom Advise : Helpful Tips on how to Arrange. Organized. DeClutter

Since we transferred to our own home, I have always tried our house to be picture perfect house as seen on magazine or model houses, I can not say I failed but having kids at home that will only be close to possible. However, in order to at least live in a decent house it takes a lot of organizing, decluttering and arranging.  Let me share and give you some tips on how to have the most organize (at least for me) in a very minimal budget.


1. Section everything and assign your kids to a committee they will be responsible

In our house each items have section, like for example Toys, we have a toys section and my house angel is the one responsible of making it intact.  All toys are accordingly categorized like all kitchen set toys, doctor kits, kikay kits, barbie, play house, lego, all toys purchased from Mcdonalds, and advised my house angel to only put out toys different each day, and after playing my youngest will be the one responsible of putting it back to it's proper places and she is turning 3 yrs old and she obliged.

Shades or Sunnies /Pony Tails/ Books/ School Supplies/Gadget Chargers

They all have their own section and committee and once we need something we can just look for PIC to assist us get what we need and monitor the supplies in case it will be out of stock this applies in School Supplies or Pantry Needs.

2. General Cleaning every 1st week of the month

In order to maintain the overall cleanliness, make time to clean everything even the corner of your house every month, but sitll of course always clean your house everyday, every morning, after and one after dinner.   In cleaning my house I assign each the designated part of the house to clean and in the event I am not satisfied at least I know who is responsible.

3. Throw/Donate and Sell Unused Stuff

My kids are not getting smaller, they are all getting taller each month and I do not even noticed until I do my general cleaning.  Every month I make sure to dispose stuff that can no longer be used. My youngest clothes that no longer fit her or toys that are no longer approriate with her age then I pack them to distribute to those with baby girls who can still make use of the stuff.

Documents with important information like bills, unused checks, contracts passed 5 years,  and expired warranty papers - I throw them by putting them in a basin with water then tear them into very small pieces that no one can ever recognized what was written inside. I can not throw or recycle them because of confidential information inside the papers.


4. Color Coding

Inside our drawers we practice color coding that all colors must all be together, so if I have any idea of what to wear I know where to look for them.  That even applies with my curtain/throw pillows/Rags/Bed Sheet. I color coordinate them just to make look tidy and everything blends together.

5. Books/Collections and Giveaway

We do have shelves designated for Books/Collections and Giveaway, so it will be well kept at the same time it does not look like a clutter since they are not in the same section.

6. Instructing our house angel

House angels are really a big help in terms of house hold chores, always remember that your standard should be the one to be followed and not theirs and one way of keeping it that way is by making inspections from time to time on how they clean up the house.  If it is not in your standard then must advise them how to do it according to your standard.

7. Giving kids a responsibility

One reason why houses are more cluttered because of kids who do not know how to Clean As You Go. Give our kids the responsibility in their early age.  They can start with their plates, toys, to keep their clothes properly in the right place.  It is win win less clutter and you are teaching your kids on how to be responsible regardless if you have house help.


I hope my tips helped you in organizing your houses, it pays to have a clutter free house, you are more excited to go home and relaxing is not a luxury since once you step in to your house it become your most favorite comfort zone. You know where to focus and that is being a wife and mom more than anything else!!

In this way you give back glory to God and showing Him that you are worthy of a much bigger properties since you know how to take care of the material things entrusted to you!

1 Timothy 3:4-5
He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?

Comments

Popular Posts