HongKong Trip 2013

This year, our destination was HongKong for our company trip. I was still on Maternity Leave with my OB's consent I was able to join the trip after 2 months of giving birth.

Last May 20, we depart MNL going to HKG early morning, as soon as we arrived the HKG, there is immigration who interviewed us, as to what is our purpose in Hongkong and of course I told them for leisure and it seems the immigration officer do not want to believe me with a charming smile with me, she believed me even without the Hotel receipt or confirmation with me.

We stayed at The Kimberly Hotel, the hotel was not that fancy but they all have the guests need. Immediately after checking in, my colleagues just freshen up a little bit to get ready with our full busy and hectic day, we decided to go to money changer. This was a good idea since we were able to exchange our USD to HKD to a very reasonable price.

We bougth Octopus card for 150 HKD, that was very useful the whole trip. Our first destination is HongKong Disneyland, it is not allowed to bring drinking water inside but they are not that strict though some guests were still able to bring drinking water inside since it is 3x the price compared outside.




We were blessed that we were just in time that we were able to experience the parade, ride the train, watch the 3d movie, have pictures with the Disney characters up close and personal.

It was raining that time, but this does not make our experience less the excitement, since we are in the place of fantasy and dreams, we were still able to enjoy every walking and amusement after all.

It just sad that the fireworks was cancelled due to heavy rain, but we always have that during New Year so that's ok!

At night we dropped by at the Avenue  of the Stars, the sky was gloomy so the pictures looks great with the effect. Picture Perferct!




On our 2nd day, our destination was at Ocean Adventure,  I had my chosen ride since I am just 2months away with my CS operation, the rain was heavier compared to the rain we had in our first day but it stopped eventually and the fun still continues. Then we head towards Mongkok to do some shopping, but the options were too limited and the prices were not too friendly, except for the chocolates, I bought packs of chocolates there.  We went back to our Hotel and found a souvenir shops, where I was able to buy 3 I heart HK designs for me, hubby and my baby, keychains and fridge magnet, prices are reasonable. My friends bought their shirt in Giordano that was on a big sale that time.

On our 3rd day, May 23. it was the day to depart Hongkong, the experience was all in all good, it brings out the child me every part of the travel it feels that I am back to my 7 year old me and it was fun!





Comments

  1. Wonderful vacay! Disney always brings out the kids in us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wonderful, most specially when it's free!! Thank you for droppin' by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarap naman the company outing! pwede bang magapply jan? LOL :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for droppin' by!

Popular Posts