Starter : Brisk Walking

I really enjoy walking not only it saves me fare/gas, it is also my way of excercising.  Lately, I am into Brisk walking on my route to our house. Before it was only 15min then I decided to go for 30min this means I took the long route instead of the shortcut.

What is brisk walking?

Brisk walking is walking at a speed faster than the normal pace, but still at the comfortable range. The targeted heart rate is around 50-60% of maximum heart rate. For an average adult, the brisk walking speed is around 6km/h to 8km/h, depending on the walker's physical condition

How to know your normal heart rate?

Deduct 220 from your age, and get 60% as your normal heart rate and get the 85% as your maximum heart rate.

Some have the pulse/heart rate indicator gadget in which they will be able to know their pulse rate while doing jogging or brisk walking, however if you do not have any of this gadget, I have read that when you do the normal walking you are still able to sing, while in brisk walking you can only talk but can not sing, this is the indication of the difference of walking and brisk walking, according from the research I have read (I  do not exactly remember the site, sorry about that).


I still eat whatever I want in moderation(still with no rice, softdrinks and coffee though), then do the brisk walking almost everyday. I might upgrade it to running once I got my running shoes as a Christmas gift for myself.


I tracked of my weight before I decided to seriously go into Brisk walking, this where I realize that I do not need anymore of my diet since I have been doing it for already 3years now, what I need now is a help for toning my muscles and burning my fats and calories as my fat index and fat mass is no longer within the normal rate based on my age, height and gender.

Comments

  1. Nice sis, walking is the best exercise in deed., x3 pa for sure pag brisk walking.. ^^ keep it up sis.. I hope makapag brisk walking din ako wala kasing place to do that.,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking is a good exercise nga! :) I don't do brisk walking intentionally, but end up doing it or even running pa nga since I always have a tight schedule.. XD

    Btw sis, try jogging regularly if you have time. It will burn excess fats and calories all over your body and can help shed a lot of weight.. :) But for toning the muscles more, try weight training.

    If you can only spare 20 minutes every day, give the 30-day shred a try. It's a video workout that I'm doing and it's very effective.. ^^ May strength training, cardio and abs workout na siya in 1 circuit.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ sis sumi go >> Sure, I will give jogging a try. I need to buy my running shoes first. Then check the 30-day shred kasi after my brisk walking I do a little bit of weight thingy, I have 2pcs 5lbs dumbell at home, I make sure to do the excercise then cardio it is like a routine for though I am still doing this routine for only a week so hindi pa talaga burn ang excess fats ko..hehe

    @ sis darkpink >> Yeah try it too masarap ang feeling after ng brisk walking much more kung jogging pa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for droppin' by!

Popular Posts