Left Eye Cataract Operation @ Manila Doctors

Just a year ago, someone I know started to suffer with cataract affecting his left eye, later part of 2013, when he is starting to complain his blur vision, come early part of 2014 when we have our check up I learned that he no longer see in his left eye.  We immediately process laboratory test last February and March accordingly in preparation for his eye lazer surgery scheduled 10th of April in Manila Doctor, he was under the care of Dra. Carmina Lim who was very accommodating and helpful with our concerns and needs as a patient, we call her heaven sent.

10th of April 2014, he was scheduled to be operated as outpatient in Manila Doctors at 3PM,  he was already in the waiting room by 2PM waiting to be called, he needs to relax so his blood pressure will be normal when checked. At exactly 3PM he was called to go to the operating room, he stayed there from 3PM until 4:18 PM, I was waiting outside looking back what the Dra. Lim told us, when we were at one of our check up that it only take at around 30min -45min to remove the cataract, so I was a bit nervous and praying all the time, making myself busy by checking facebook, playing mobile games, and praying again and again that there are no complications or serious damage to my husband retina causing the long wait.

When the patient went out from the operating room, I was relieved and he told me he can see clearly from his left eye which is very unusual for him, making the operation and my wait worth it. There were no complications, it is just that it took a while to dilate his cataract.

With the cost and expense, he was given the very high end lens since my husband is still young, the doctor insists to give him the best lens in the market, which make sense so we agreed regardless of the amount of the lens.

He is an outpatient so when we checked out, we were given advised of what and what not to do. I headed to Philhealth section, which needs another story because of some issue I encountered with them, for deduction of the bill, then checked out and we headed home.

It was like nothing happened, but the most crucial part is the post operation care, needs to follow all the doctor's instruction to avoid any complication.


God Heals and prayer works!


Comments

Popular Posts