What to do: Traveling Out of the Country

When traveling out of the country from the Philippines, here are the things you need to know to have a seemless travel when you are in the airport going to the immigration, checking in your bags until you reach the plane and landed.

This is not the first time that me and my husband would be traveling out of the country but not together, but this is our child's first time, she is already 10 years old and there were important points we learned traveling with children since we also tag along my husband's nephew with us since we are visiting his dad who is an OFW based in Singapore.

Important Things to Remember when traveling out of the Country:

1. If you are traveling with kids without the parents, make sure to have all the DSWD papers prepared so to avoid any hassles when in immigration.  You may further check the process on their website for your reference. Take note of the papers need to be accomplished and signed by the mother/parents.

https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/the-philippines-2/dswd-travel-clearance-for-filipino-minors-2/

2. My husband went to Singapore first without me, we prepared a letter for authorization that I signed we attached our Marriage Certificate and my daughter's Birth Certificate, however this document was not really asked to be presented when hubby and my daughter went to Immigration, but then  it does not hurt to be prepared though. Since they treat differently with different passenger.

3. Bring your old passport. When my husband went to immigration he was just asked what is their purpose of travel and that's it, I followed the following day with different flight, when I was in the immigration, I was asked if this is the first time I traveled abroad, I said no, I just renewed my passport and the Immigration Officer asked for my old passport, I showed it to her since I brought it with me then without any further question she stamped my passport. See  it does not hurt to be prepared!

4. Bring all Id's and any documentation your are an employee/student.  This is just to be much safer, you must bring your Compnay/School ID, Payslip, ITR (if needed), Bank Accounts slip, since they ask question randomly and when you answer you need documents to prove it so just prepare everything on hand. This is will make your travel smoother!!!

5. Check your passports validity, if your passport will be expired after 6months make sure to have it renewed otherwise they will not let you proceed with your travel, make sure before 6months of your passports expiration, have it renewed without second thought, I knew a friend who was offloaded because of this reason so do not let this incident happen to you.

6.  Before Checking in, make sure to pay and secure your Travel Tax receipt. This is the first thing you need to do upon arriving to the airport is pay your Travel Tax. 

Here's the catch, if you are an OFW dependent make sure to have your dependent documents like Overseas Employement Certificate, Perminent Residence Id, Company Id and the like ready, make sure to visit the Philippine Embassy website for more information and details for Travel Tax exemption.

http://www.philippine-embassy.de/bln/images/ConsularSection/OtherServices/pdf/5dFAQ.Travel.Tax.pdf

My nephew is a dependent of an OFW with Perminent Residence in Singapore, so instead of paying PHP 1620, we only paid PHP300,

For my daughter we only paid PHP 810, and for me and hubby PHP1620 each.


These are so far,  for me the most important first hand information that you need to take note when traveling out of the country!!!

Be prepared and just have fun on your trip!!







Comments

Popular Posts